Title: Game Designer
Game Type: F2P, Action Puzzler, Mobile, Unity Editor w/ Custom Tools
Atomic Pachinko is a mobile game built in Unity. I was brought on about halfway through the development of the project. I was responsible for creating level content that tested the player while solving for “controller throwing moments”. During my time on the project I was able to help with naming, marketing discussions, player gal and motivation loops, and of course level content.
Things I’m proud of;
- Load balanced this project with other significant time sensitive projects.
- Helped refine and shape the games player motivation profile.
- Adding in moving pieces in most every level for players to adjust.
- Improved Tutorialization of the game and smoothed out initial learning curves
- Some levels where very difficult and where moved or altered
- Tutorialized and adding mechanics at a steady progression pace
Typical Work: Content Creation
We used custom level editing tool built in Unity to build levels, and could run each level directly in editor.
- Brainstorming and balancing of level flow
- Each Grade was composed of 10 levels that needed to be created, tested, and sorted based on difficulty.
- The saw toothed curve was my go to.
- Creation of new levels and remixes of old ones.