Marvel Avengers Alliance is a highly successful free to play Facebook RPG. It features Iconic marvel characters and epic marvel storylines, where player take part in 3v3 turn based combat.
Role: Game Designer
Game Type: F2P, 3v3 JRPG, Facebook,
Editor: Flash, Spreadsheet Editor (Flash as renderer)
During my time working on M:AA I was responsible for an enormous amount of live ops content, which had to be shipped out on time and to quality. I also spec-ed and implemented the data for features to enhance the games KPI’s, often retention and monetization. By the end of my time working on this project I was well respected and a valuable member of the shrinking team.
Things I’m proud of:
- Created an Auto complete Script, for creating complex status creation.
- View it Here
- Revamped Spec Ops by implementing crafting quests, components, and strong themed weapons to players could “craft”.
- Creating content that directly tied into movie launches.
- Streamlined content workflow, and templatized JIRA tasks as content creation checklist.
- Pitched and Spec-ed out Daily missions.
- Pitched and Spec-ed out 5th and 6th action Slot.
Typical Work: Content Creation
We used spreadsheets to implement data that was exported to a Flash engine. We used “guess and check” to verify work completed.
- Ideation and implementation of:
- Updating / creating new Villains
- New Marvel heroes
- Unique Quests
- Mission content
- Custom Gear and weapon sets for players
- Involving Art requests, design and Marvel approval.
The Legionnaire’s Set built to tie in with the Age of Ultron movie.
Spec Op Missions and Crafting Quests