My Title: Game Designer
Game Type: F2P, JRPG, Mobile, Custom Editor (Unity as renderer)
M:AA 2 was the first product I got to see go through the entire project life cycle from Green light to ship. I actively worked on it for a 1 1/2 years when the project matured and was ready for additional content. I often split my time between both M:AA 1 and M:AA 2 for content creation and was relied upon to balance my schedule between the two projects.
During the project there where several implemented and planed refactors to the core loop, combats and time limited special events (Spec Ops). I participated in most of and later drove some of these refactors. Near the end of the project I was given responsibility to refactor our Spec Op events to increase player participation, monetization, and return on investment.
Things I’m proud of:
- Visualized design pipeline and got buy in to streamline our process for content creation.
- Helped surface inefficiencies and helped the art / design hand off process
- Utilized Confluence
- Viewable Here
- Revamped Spec Op (unreleased)
- Streamlined Design pipeline
- Streamlined narrative and mission content
- Requested and added in character cameos to improve character visibility
- Streamlined Quest system and designed Spec Op “hero chase” content
- Viewable Here
- Built a very large portion of the villains and grunts, and helped redesign what a villain was supposed to provide to players.
- Redesigned chapter 1 grunts to feature simplified combat status to decrease the learning curve, based on player metrics and completion rates.
My work consisted of brainstorming villain designs with other designers and implementing them using an in-house editor. Our Editor (Ultron) had selected scripting capabilities and data validation, after which I could export and check my work using Unity as a renderer.
- Ideation and implementation of:
- Updating / creating new Marvel Villains
- Mission content
- Tracking tasks in Jira, Creating Jira Templates for future use
Crimson Dynamo Mini Boss
Crimson Dynamo is the classic tank with a strong defensive buff that can be removed by critical hits. At certain health intervals he regens his buffs.
Magus Boss Epic Fight
Magus builds up Cosmic energy for a super attack. You can place mental debuffs on him and he will remove them with a clarity move. The intent was to get players to bring heroes such as Electro to place mental debuffs on him and keep him healing instead of attacking.