Revamp Spec Op Document (unreleased)
When I was tasked with implementing Spec Op 3 I was trusted with doing a major revamp and simplification of the design process, energy economy, quest crumbs, completion incentives, new gameplay and UI to support it, and lifting KPI’s. I created the initial doc and then sought buy in from stake holders and made adjustments as necessary.
To communicate to all of the stake holders I felt it necessary to:
- Provide Goals
- Increase Energy purchases (for completing battles)
- Archive keys for the SO (either through long tail purchases or player completion with the ) day time window.
- Reinforce existing core loops
- Provide a clear overview of the modifications for quick review
- Pinching sensitive currencies.
- Increasing the Value of the SO during and after the 10 day experiation window
- Specific methods to be used to hit those goals
- Including current and updated methods
- Breaking out work according to discipline
For a deep dive you can view the Improvement Doc